Following the announcement in April 2021 of Commonwealth funding for the establishment of an Australian Square Kilometre Array Regional Centre (AusSRC), the AusSRC founding partner organisations (CSIRO, Curtin University, the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre, and the University of Western Australia) are seeking expressions of interest from individuals interested in undertaking the role of Interim Chair of the AusSRC Board.
The AusSRC board chair is expected to have:
• A significant level of independence from the partner organisations;
• Experience with board governance and multiparty joint ventures;
• Experience with Commonwealth relationships and agreements;
• An interest in, or experience with, science and science policy;
• Experience in forming collaborative ventures, strategic planning, and risk management; and
• A willingness to engage with the establishment of the AusSRC for a significant fraction of its Phase 1 program between 2022 and 2025.
Applications close no later than 10 January 2022.