30 August 2019 – First announcement
- 9 September 2019 – Registration opened
- 29 September: Abstract deadline
- 21 October: Program released
- 8 November: AusSRC workshop
Where: Canberra, ACT
Venue: Mt Stromlo Observatory
Since the first Australian SRC Community workshop in 2017, the work on the SKA Regional Centres has picked up its pace:
- The SKA Regional Centre Steering Committee was formed;
- AENEAS published the outputs of the ESRC design study; and
- The Australian SRC White Paper was released.
This workshop will discuss the progress towards developing a vision for a global network of SRCs and the future Australian SRC. A specific focus of the workshop will be on data and processing in the surveys with the Australian SKA precursors — ASKAP and MWA.
In 2018, CSIRO and ICRAR in collaboration with other institutions established the AusSRC Management Committee. With support from the Australian Government, a 3-year design study program was then funded to develop a business case for the AusSRC as well as to assist the ASKAP and MWA science teams with computing and data expertise.
The AusSRC 2019 meeting will be immediately following the OzSKA 2019 meeting.